There is a size chart on each product page with measurements for foot size and conversion between US and EU sizing.
How do I measure my feet?
To measure a foot, we recommend placing a sheet of paper against the wall. Place your foot on the sheet of paper with the heel touching the wall. Mark the longest part of your foot (the heel-to-toe length). Then, use a ruler to measure the heel-to-toe length.
- Some tips:
- Measure later in the day as feet tend to swell.
- Wear the socks you would be wearing with your shoes.
- Measure both feet as they may be different.
How do I know if a shoe fits?
- Shoe length. The most basic check of the fit is shoe length. It is recommend that there be 1 cm (1/2 inch) space between the longest toe and the front of the shoe. Your toes should not touch the front of the shoe.
- Tightness of the shoes in the ball of the foot and instep area. Pinch a little area of the upper material; the upper should not be skin tight in most styles.
- Heel fit and toe box. Your toes should not feel cramped and your heel should feel secure and not slip while walking.
- Walk on a hard floor or firm surface. You should be able to walk smoothly and effortlessly without feeling unsteady or unbalanced.
Tips to determine shoe size
- Try on shoes later in the day to ensure the shoe fits even if your feet become swollen during the day. It is a good idea to have your feet measured regularly as foot size changes over time.
- Choose shoes that matches the general shape of your foot. Eg. Choose a shoe that has a rounder toe box for wider feet.
- The widest part shoe usually near the ball of the foot and is where the shoe bends. Ensure the widest part of your foot sits in this area so the shoe bends with your foot.
- Don’t look at the number. Shoe sizes may differ between manufacturers and shoe styles so pick the shoe that is comfortable, regardless of the stated shoe size.
Where can I try on shoe size in person?
If you are unsure if a shoe will fit and would like an approximation in person, we highly suggest taking advantage of our excellent free shipping and return policy. You may also visit a local store to try the brand’s shoes in person. To find local Josef Seibel retailers, try the Store Locator